JOB TITLE: Fixed Term Handyman
We are currently looking for a new ambitious member to our London Family who will join us as a Handyman on a fixed term contract basis at The Gore Hotel.
The jobs purpose: In the role of Handyman you will be implementing all Standards, Policies & Procedures set by the Chief Engineer, assist the team in the execution of any tasks.
What would your main responsibilities be: As Handyman you will be a vital part of our maintenance team and partly responsible for the smooth running of our hotels. Therefore, you will be expected to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Carry out all aspects of general maintenance tasks when required and complete tasks on time and within budget.
- To respond and act on any reasonable request made by the Head of Department or the Hotel Management in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To work on a shift pattern according to the needs of the department.
- To attend any training or management meetings as requested.
- Work in compliance with health and safety standards.
What we are looking for: To successfully fit this role, we are looking for someone with following characteristics:
- Previous experience on a similar position
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations
- Excellent time management
What we have to offer: For the right people we are committed to offer great career development opportunities, competitive salary and an array of benefits including but not exclusively:
- Hotels rooms discounts following Starhotels Friends and Family benefits
- Workplace Pension
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Referral Scheme
This is a great opportunity to join a young and enthusiastic team and if you feel ready to give your career a London twist we are looking forward to hearing back from you.
In line with the requirements of The Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.