|As Press & PR Manager you will have the following main responsibilities:
- To develop and foster a positive image and relationship between the Company and the public. Support the DOM in driving the PR strategy for the whole Company. Responsible for planning, development and managing the Press & Public Relations department and the content it delivers (i.e. press kits, PR angles). Ensures brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant in order to create awareness around the world for our hotels and brand with a call to action of booking direct, ensuring communication strategy reflects the Company’s strategic vision
- Manage and coordinate national and international PR agencies and partners: objectives, scope of work, content planning, press trips, by-weekly update, monthly reporting etc
- Supervise the maintenance of PR Data Base and of section “News & Media”/ “Press area” in Company’s web site
- Cultivate relationships with top tier travel, trade, lifestyle, luxury, business and local media (add design/architecture, music, fashion, art, health/wellness, tech, and other niches where appropriate)
- Act as day-to-day PR contact to the media on behalf of hotel and the overall destination that it is part of. Go beyond travel and trade media – develop strong relationships with luxury, lifestyle, business and other niche media
- Create briefing materials and/or written interview answers
- Provide site inspection tours to media, coordinate on-property film/photo shoots and host PR events
- Pro-actively work with other departments to source press worthy angles/opportunities for events happening on property. Support trade show opportunities when relevant
- Communication of the key hotels and the brand to a broad range of consumer and some trade press in key and secondary markets: promotion of each aspect (history, restaurant, guestrooms, technology, design, local destination, packages, etc) of our hotels, highlighting values, people, new acquisitions, programs, packages, etc….
- Work closely with Hotel General Managers and other department heads to seek out PR opportunities within secured business (e.g. high-profile/celebrity events, unique F&B offerings/events, packages/promotions, etc.)
- Handle all dealings with national and international Press, directly or through press agencies abroad: edit and revise content as necessary, publish timely company information, such as press releases and other materials, organize events including press conferences and interviews, exhibitions, open days for journalists and press tours, sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Draft press kit materials, including press releases, fact sheets, bios, backgrounders, etc.
- Proactively pitch hotel news, brand news and Divisional news to key media within your media market; secure interviews for hotel/regional/Divisional spokespersons on specified key topics.
As Press & PR Manager at Starhotels and to successfully fit this role you will be expected to have the following characteristics:
International experience preferably within the hospitality sector
Strong media contacts within top tier luxury, lifestyle, fashion and business press
Excellent knowledge of English language
Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications
Please be advised that the selected candidate will be offered a temporary contract (Maternity cover) at Starhotels Headquarter.