JOB TITLE: Sous Chef
We are currently looking for a new ambitious member to our London Family who will join us as Sous Chef at our prestigious 190 Restaurant at The Gore Hotel.
The jobs purpose: In the role of Sous Chef you will be implementing all Standards, Policies & Procedures set by the Head Chef, assist the Head Chef in the production of any meals and services and guide, train and develop staff.
What would your main responsibilities be: As Sous Chef you will be a vital part of our kitchen team and responsible for the smooth running of our food services. Therefore, you will be expected to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To be responsible for the running of the whole kitchen operation
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- To participate in the design of seasonal menus and purchase all food and food related products.
- To take active part in training the team and participate in the staff meetings to help identify training needs of all staff
- Work in compliance with hygiene, health and safety standards.
What we are looking for: To successfully fit this role, we are looking for someone with following characteristics:
- The ideal candidate will have experience on all sections of the kitchen and worked in a hotel kitchen on a similar position.
- The ability to work in a busy, fast paced restaurant
- Great people skills and the ability to lead a team.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges
- Excellent time management
What we have to offer: For the right people we are committed to offer great career development opportunities, competitive salary and an array of benefits including but not exclusively:
- Hotels rooms discounts following Starhotels Friends and Family benefits
- Workplace Pension
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Uniform dry cleaning
- Referral Scheme
This is a great opportunity to join a young and enthusiastic team and if you feel ready to give your career a London twist we are looking forward to hearing back from you.
In line with the requirements of The Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.